What's behind the growing interest in backyard poultry?
- Enjoy truly fresh and flavorful eggs (and meat, if preferred)—every day.
- Small flock needs only a backyard or green space, plus a shed or coop.
- Inexpensive to get started, feed and maintain (although predators can be a problem in some areas).
- Birds dispose of kitchen scraps and give compost material in return.
- Fun to watch—like a songbird feeder, except the birds are bigger.
- Help preserve heritage breeds.
Raising chickens encompasses all skill levels—from the novice with a few birds to the poultry producer with hundreds of birds to the fancier with exotic breeds.